Saturday 2nd April 2011- Cycling, to the pub!

I had a cool lie in this morning, couldn't stay lazing too long as we had to get out and get on our bikes!
We got to mums right on time, for a change we weren't late! We left with everyone in their crap hats, I'm too cool for a crap hat, I just won't be falling off anytime soon! I hope! Me and dad- as usual- went tearing off in the distance and left mi man and mum straggling behind, they love it! It was a really nice day, summers definitely come early this year!
First stop was at the Good Intent, in Aldington Frith. Sat Nav said otherwise apparently to others that came to meet us there in their cars! So met up with a few friends in the pub garden when we got there, I found  a little ladybird friend, that was cool! I like ladybirds, they are definitely my favourite bug type creature.
We had a nice lunch, a bit filling for a cycle ride but I know now not to have sausage and mash when I've got to cycle home! A few malibu and cokes later we said our goodbyes to the drivers and set off to our next destination, the Farriers Arms. It was old!! Was like we'd travelled back through history a few hundred years!
There was a little pup with a man inside by the bar, she was so adorable! Should of taken a picture of her she was beautiful! Again we got our drinks and went and sat in the garden, this time dad thought it would be clever to check the map for the quickest way home. Good plan! We had a laugh at some normal people, I went off to play with some littuns across the field. Came back knackered from running around then had to get back on my bike to get home. It always hurts more getting back on.
On the way back we passed a field with an obvious foot path through the middle, all we had to do  was chuck our bikes over the style, I really wanted to go that way as it would have cut out having to cycle right around the sides of this field, bit no one else was up too it, and I didn't want to go on my own. Next time I will though! We went across one of the busiest roads in the town on the way back, and stopped in Macd's for a mc flurry pudding, was very nice, would of been better if they'd put more than three poxy smarties in it!
We stopped at chippys for a quick cup of tea, and set off home. This was the easiest part of the journey as it was right by my sisters old flat, I used to cycle that way all the time to go and see her.
We got back to mum and dads and got the bikes back, and set off back home via Sainsburys to get some food. All good fun! We had a pretty uneventful evening after that, just relaxing our poorly legs after a long day.

No comments:

Post a Comment